MEET RHIAN RAMOS

Most people knew her as the “McJelly Trio Girl” last year, before she made that big leap from McDonald’s poster girl to Captain Barbell’s arms. But this 16-year old half-British is far from ambiguity right now. As one of the newest stars on GMA’s primetime slot, she proves that there’s more to her than just a pretty face. She’s not just the “McJelly Trio Girl” anymore. Now people know her name. It’s time we took a closer look at Rhian Denise Ramos Howell.

“It was my very first commercial, and it was a lead part pa kasi kaagad in the commercial, so napansin (nila) kaagad ako” said Rhian referring to the GMA Artist Center executives who were looking for two girls to play Leah and Kit for Captain Barbell. “So, yun, they asked Artist Center to find me, tinawagan nila ako, they were saying na we’re holding auditions for the part of Leah and Kit for Captain Barbell. So I auditioned for both. Actually, every girl there auditioned for both. It just turned out na mas-bagay si Camille maging Kit, tapos ako, mas bagay maging Leah. So yun, I got the part!”

Although Rhian felt the stark difference between modeling and acting, saying that “In commercials, if you do something wrong, you can do it like, 50 times more,” the acting workshop she attended for Captain Barbell helped a lot, although it was only for two days.

Rhian shares that the hard part about being in the workshop was “they taught me how to get in touch with my emotions, kasi, di ba, usually, to be able to live life, you sometimes block off the negative emotions so that you’re fine. Pero when you’re acting, you have to accept it all. You have to remove all the blocks that you put on those. So that was hard, to get in touch with all the negative emotions, like, you know, sadness and anger.”

“Actually hindi ko masyadong napapansin yung difference,” says Rhian of her celebrity status. “Parang sa tingin ko, this is my new school. Parang all the tapings, I just treat it like it’s my new school. Parang nagpalit lang ako. And people don’t really treat me differently, especially my friends, they’re still makulit, they still treat me the same.” Rhian, who is on her junior year at La Salle Zobelle, will start home schooling this year.

In Mars Ravelo’s Captain Barbell, Rhian plays Leah, Teng’s childhood friend and love interest. “(Teng and I) grew up together, I mean, we were best friends when we were little kids. For some reason, I moved to Canada with my tita, then I studied there, but I came back for fourth year high school. And then when I came back, pareho yung school namin ni Teng, tapos doon na lang kami nagkita ulit. ‘Yun, we got close again, then we became good friends again.”

While Leah may be meek and soft spoken, Rhian is bubbly and full of life. She describes herself as “hyper,” and “makulit,” and says that she wants to try action roles in the future. “I wanna be a superhero too! So if ever they have left over superheroes to be played, I’m right here!” she says.

It cannot be denied that Richard and Rhian have great chemistry onscreen, which Rhian attributes to their being friends when the camera isn’t rolling. “Because off-screen we’re good friends as well, I guess that helps also, the chemistry onscreen. And we hang out, and you know, and ever since the workshop pa lang, he’s been really friendly, and he’s been helping me out with the acting and everything.”

We all know who Leah’s type is onscreen, but what’s the kind of guy that Rhian may fall for in real life? “My ideal guy is tall dark and handsome!” she says with a big grin. And what’s her number one requirement? “Before anything can happen between me and a guy, I have to make sure that he’s my best friend, parang we have to have that relationship first. So he has to be playful, funny, you know?”

Just because Rhian is a newcomer doesn’t mean she’s not prepared for the risks of showbiz. She knows there will be controversies to come, and she’s realistic enough to face its challenges. “You always have to bring something new to the table. I mean, if you always play it safe, then what’s gonna be new about you, what’s interesting?” Rhian says she’s prepared to be controversial, as long as it’s nothing too negative. “Just to show who I am, what I’m about,” she adds.

So what else is there to watch out for in Captain B? She mysteriously says “Oh, a lot of things” before going on with “Well, there are new faces! And the special effects are new, and they’re more realistic now, because they’re more advanced. They have really good actors and actresses Camille, and Richard, and Ryan, and also, the script is really, really awesome. Actually, everything about it is really great. We all work together to make it as best as we can.”

Catch TV’s new “It Girl” Rhian Ramos as she plays Leah to Richard’s Teng, on Mars Ravelo’s Captain Barbell after 24 Oras!

Source: iGMA.TV

SHARE THIS POST


 
  • Live Feed

  • About Kapuso Stars

    A collection of news, gossips, pictures and videos of your favorite Kapuso Stars. Please share your wisdoms to the readers of this blog by putting comments. As with all bloggers, I'm open to any offers to place advertisements (text or image or both) on my blog.

    Email: admin@kapusostars.com

    Kapuso Stars © 2007